Wednesday, March 6, 2013

School and Such

Holaaaa

Today I had my first day of school, it went surprisingly well! It's sooo different from school on mv, in the mornings everyone goes to this room in the school thats like a church and we say Our Father but in spanish of course "Padre Nuestro" which I am still learning... After everyone goes out to the patio and says a pledge to the flag. My first class of the day was Cultura, everyone immediately started asking me questions about school and culture in the U.S and everyone was more than nice! In this class we learned about Hommo Sapiens and Prehistory, we watched the weirdest movie. After this I had Geography, the geography teacher is so cool she talked to us about the vacation and didn't start right off the bat with school stuff like the other teachers, everyone says she rarely actually teaches. Last I have QUIMICA.. bleh (Chemistry), we started right off with hard stuff that I didn't really understand because everything is in a different language, luckily my classmates helped me out. In between every class we have three recreos or short breaks where everyone goes out to the patio which is nice because we don't have that in the U.S. Also teachers change classrooms, while we stay in the same class with all of the kids in my grade (quinto año.) All in all everything went great, everyone was so nice and asked me loads of questions including the teachers. Oh! did I mention I have to wear a uniform? It isn't too ugly and actually really comfortable so I'm glad, also I've always wanted to go to a school with a uniform (I'll post a picture later.)

As for now, I have my second day of school tomorrow and I'm enjoying living in this beautiful city and learning lots of Spanish! I have noticed that I'm starting to think a lot in spanish and my English is becoming more and more awkward sounding, which is a good thing! I'll post again soon about all the great food here! Chau!




     
                                                                Welcome Flag!





La Familia 


                                                            Rolleando is really popular here






The cutest little cousins ever



At the orientation



El Rio en Buenos Aires 


Dia a la pileta


Exchange friend Takehisa

Primer foto 


Ciudad de La Plata


El Catedral 




No comments:

Post a Comment